Friday, January 14, 2011

Is cussing good or bad?

I try not to cuss as much outside of home. When I'm at home, I try to avoid cussing even if I have no consequences because my parents can't understand. Cussing, sometimes is used when I get mad. Cussing is more like an alarm to me. I feel like, if you cuss so much to anyone, it has no effect. If you call someone a name so many times just for fun, and finally when he becomes more suited to that name, you'd want him to take offense to that one call, but he reacts normally instead. If you need to air out your anger, don't wear out the cuss words. You may need it for bigger emergencies. Does cussing really help? I think it just makes someone feel better because they are showing that they are mad to other people. From Tiffany's post about cussing,
On the other hand, why are these words known as "bad words?" Why must little kids say "OHHHH OH NO YOU DIDN'T!?!?" I think it's also silly that society makes a big deal about this. Why can't these "bad words" become just a word?
   I think these words are "bad words" because people take offense when you say those type of words to them. If you call someone a.... they wouldn't like it.  No one really needs to make fun of people towards their face. Dropping bad words is a bad habit to start and may not possibly end. If you get too adjusted to the words, they just pop out sometimes. Even to the most simple things, a cuss word may leak out because those are your usual "describing" words.Those bad words may even become compliments because everyone uses them to describe bad things, unique things, and crazy things. At school, violation of bad words is no big deal, but no one wants to hear those bad words all day. Not many use the bad word for its literal meaning. They use it to make it look as if something is the sh** or is sh**. No matter what, bad words are words, but they are taken offensively, so people use it as retaliations.

No comments:

Post a Comment