Friday, December 17, 2010

Response to Alyssa to David

 Is Alameda better or Oakland? I think Alameda is more peaceful, but at times Oakland can be peaceful too.
Alyssa says,
   I do not have any statistics to back up these factors, but I think Oakland has a bigger population than Alameda.  If there are more people wandering the streets of Oakland, accidents are bound to happen. On the other hand, Alameda barely has any shopping places except for South Shore and maybe Park Street, making accidents less possible.
Oakland is much dirtier where I live and there are a lot of homeless people there. In Alameda, the streets are much cleaner and I don't see any homeless people around here. There are much more events in the city of Alameda compared to Oakland.
 She says Oakland's population causes accidents. If there are more people, I agree that there will be more accidents. With a "Chinatown" in Oakland, they have more stuff being sold. At Alameda, it is much smaller than Oakland and easy to handle when bad things happen.  Oakland can be dirty in some areas and cleaner in others, but it isn't all dirty. There are more places and sites to see at Oakland because of it's size. I prefer Alameda over Oakland because I may always have to live in fear when I step out of my house. Sometimes, Oakland events can be rumored to be out of control when people describe drive by shootings. I enjoy Oakland because there are much more places to walk around and in Alameda, you are always walking around the same area. There is more diversity in Oakland. The people there can be nice or mean or both, but I like how not everyone is the same.
    Why do some people hate Oakland so much? I think they hate Oakland either because of the things they hear, or the bad luck they have in that city. Some people are struck with one accident and they are scared to death to go back to Oakland so they decide to leave. Some people hate Oakland because they hear that its bad. Some people just tell other people how bad Oakland is to sound tough or have something exciting to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment