Friday, November 5, 2010

11-5-10 Response

I think school times should be shortened and only teach the things that we want to learn and want to use for the rest of our lives to survive. I agree with Andy's post of shortening the school.
 Everyone only has one childhood; we should be able to enjoy it as much as possible and have lots of happy memories to remember it by. I spend two thirds of a day sleeping and at school. I barely have any time to spend with friends and family after I finish doing my homework too, especially now since ASTI, the Alameda Science and Technology Institute, gives more homework than regular schools.Sometimes, I'm so overloaded with homework that I'm still doing my homework at 11 o'clock PM, leaving 7 and a half hours to sleep absolutely no time do hang out with friends and family.
Every child does have one childhood and should be able to enjoy it. They shouldn't suffer as a child because of school nor should they suffer as an adult, working all day trying to support theirselves. School takes up a third of the day and sleep as well. That leaves about eight hours left for everything else we must do. Homework also takes up three to five hours so that leaves around four hours left in the day. Everyday, students have four hours of free time.
Also, I agree with how Andy says that Alameda Science and Technology Institute gives more homework than middle and elementary schools. Students don't have enough time to do anything because their day is hogged up by schoolwork. I believe students should choose what subject they want to learn so they don't waste time learning other subjects that they won't need for the career they want to carry out. For example, if someone wants to be a math teacher, they shouldn't need to learn science. The leftover subjects they learn are a waste of their childhood if they aren't going to use it in the future.
Therefore, schools should be shortened and that may also save money. It can benefit the school for better materials and improve the school. Without leftover subjects, we wouldn't waste as much stuff as we do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment