Friday, October 1, 2010

response 10/1

In response to Lanna wilson and when this person talks about

 At this stage in my life I'm thinking about what college I want to go to and how I'm going to get there. I kind of feel how Cameron does when he said, "To me it felt like I was sailing through it with out any obstacles in my way. All of a sudden, I am realizing that life is not so simple. As I am getting older, I am realizing the responsibilities I have are way more serious. No one is here to tell me to do my homework, or to make sure that I study for my tests...At first, I felt like ASTI was a walk in the park.
                 When children get older, they don't realize what kind of consequences they'll receive when they don't change their old elementary and middle school habits. This quote from Lanna shows their explanation when at this age in Alameda Science and Technology Institute they have to start thinking and preparing to go to college. They have to start to think about their future.
                   They need to start changing their habits in order to do all this other stuff. When starting at a new school, teachers would start easy in order for students to adapt to the flow, but if the students don't adapt then they are deep in regret. They need an, implement like an agenda in order to be successful at school. Subsequently after succeeding in ASTI, comes college. Responsibilities in college are prolonged. If completing responsibilities in high school and college successfully, great welfare would be the outcome. Taking "a walk in the park" in high school wouldn't destroy the chances of great welfare but will be an experience that can teach and realize that its not that simple. If you make a mistake as this stage in life, responsibilities are more serious. A student is on his own and their parents aren't doing their homework for them anymore. Tests and study habits are to be made by the student himself.
                  High school and college student's lives are in their hands now. They listen to the music they want. They eat the food they want for lunch. They study for their own selves and don't need to discuss with their parents. They make their own choices with a high amount of responsibility. They learn on their own and find out as Lanna puts it, a walk in the park at first. But from then on, they will need to learn the seriousness of school.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for responding, but my name is spelled with an "i", it's Ianna.

    ReplyDelete